If you suspect your cat may have ingested any part of a lily, it is imperative that you take it to a veterinarian immediately for emergency care, and tell the vet of your suspicions. If caught in time, the problems can be arrested and renal function restored; if not, permanent kidney damage can result and death becomes likely.
Warmer weather will soon be here! If you're thinking about venturing out be aware that the plant fertilizers you use can cause harm to you pets. Depending on pet size and from a secondary source, small quantities may not cause much harm but directly from the bag or once first applied is another matter!
Halloween begins a string of holidays that feature a variety of sweets. Keep your pet healthy and safe and away from chocolate and other sweets
Every Halloween (and on several other holidays, for that matter) we see pets show up at the Ann Arbor Animal Hospital who are sick from ingesting candy, so we thought we would post some information that may help you let kids know about the effects of candy and other sweets and their potential to harm your pet...
Through our actions, we potentially put our pets in danger every day. Making different decisions about what products we really need to use and taking just a few extra precautions can save lives (and really large veterinary bills).
There are lots of holiday foods that could be a problem for your pet if someone leaves a plate of party snacks where your dog could get into it...fatty foods such as cheese cubes and nuts come to mind, and often they are served with grapes or dried fruits. We came across this excellent post today on the Ann Arbor Dog Blog and thought it would be worth reposting here on our site.