We are seeking an experienced full-time or part-time ER LVT or RVT.
Who We Are
The Ann Arbor Animal Hospital is an AAHA-accredited practice that has been serving Ann Arbor and the surrounding area for 90 years. We’re open 24-hours for emergencies and see clients on a walk-in basis, with limited appointments, during our Primary Care hours. We’re a team of amazing staff, including highly respected and loved ER DVMs. This position offers the opportunity to see established general practice clients and patients, along with non-clients with patients needing emergency or critical care services.
What to Expect
Your schedule will consist largely of overnight shifts, weekends, and holidays. You’ll join a team of highly skilled ER LVTs and ER VAs. Our modern facility has all the tools to practice excellent medicine, including advanced anesthetic monitoring, anesthetic ventilator, ultrasound, LigaSure, and a newly expanded and updated state-of-the-art ICU.
Our in-house laboratory includes the latest equipment offered by Idexx and we use Cuattro’s digital X-ray system; these, plus our ultrasound machines and reference lab, are integrated with our practice management software. This is a unique opportunity to assist our doctors to practice both general and emergency medicine.
Who We’re Looking For
Our ideal candidate is currently licensed, has at least two years of being a licensed technician (preferably emergency medicine) with a total of four years of experience when adding time spent as a Veterinary Assistant. We offer a competitive compensation package including CE, health insurance, SIMPLE IRA, license fees, national/local association dues, etc.
Compensation package for full-time employees is competitive and includes an annual CE budget for DVMs and LVTs, health insurance (generous employer benefit credit available once minimum employment duration is met), employee discount, SIMPLE IRA, license fees, national/local association dues, etc.
Our unique standing in the metro Ann Arbor area makes our hospital a personally and professionally rewarding opportunity.
Please send your resume to David Caddell at dcaddell1@AnnArborAnimalHospital.com or feel free to contact him at (734) 662-4474.
- Experience (2 years minimum) in a veterinary practice as a currently licensed LVT, exposure to ER and/or Critical Care a plus.
- Ability to multi-task under pressure and maintain composure while working with critical patients.
- A desire to work with varied case load that includes outpatient visits, patient monitoring, nursing care, and critical patients.
- A desire to advance education and learn new skills.
- An understanding of and appreciation for positive work relationships and a desire to be a team player.
- Ability to work with clients in a caring and professional manner.