Everyone on our staff has a passion for animals and a commitment to delivering the highest level of veterinary care in the area. We work hard to maintain a cooperative working environment among staff members. We understand the value of teamwork, enthusiasm and the willingness to perform as necessary to help the hospital function as a cohesive, high performing team.
Our staff works under the close supervision of our doctors
Our veterinary staff provides a full range of patient care, including:
- Examinations and table-side assistance with Veterinarians
- Preparation for surgical procedures
- Vaccines & administering medicine
- Follow-up explanation of care with patients
- In-clinic procedures and processing (de-worming, ear-flushing, dentistry, x-rays, blood draw, labs)
- Observation and recording medical notes
- Providing tender, loving care for animals in our ICU
Ann Arbor Animal Hospital is committed to continuous education
Our technicians are taught and trained to the limits of their potential. During training, an individual may show interest in a specific field, such as radiology or anesthesiology, and we encourage continuing education in that field as part of our commitment to quality and excellence in veterinary care.
It’s not only work, though—everyone needs to have fun and blow off some steam from time to time. We work together, but we can also come together as a team by playing together! To that end we’ve had activities like bowling nights, painting nights, and visits to a local corn maze. Plus we have our popular annual events: a canoe trip down the Huron River in the summer, and a holiday party in December.
Interested in working at Ann Arbor Animal Hospital? See our career opportunities page for the positions we’re currently recruiting.