Who We Are
Ann Arbor Animal Hospital Emergency is a locally owned and AAHA-accredited, full service urgent care veterinarian. Our facility has a newly expanded and state-of-the-art ICU to handle severe cases. There is always a doctor on the premises. We provide emergency vet services 24 hours a day, 7 days per week, 365 days per year in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
As a rule, if your pet is behaving in a way that has you concerned enough to call an emergency veterinarian, it’s often best to bring him in for an examination. We are happy to see your pet at any time for an exam that may provide peace of mind.
When to Bring Your Pet in Immediately
Sometimes you don’t need to call first—if you see any of the following, bring your pet in immediately. If you can do so safely, call 734-662-4474 when you are on your way to let us know you’re coming so we can be prepared for your arrival.
- Trauma such as getting hit by a car or a blunt object, or falling more than a few feet
- Not breathing or no heartbeat: you cannot feel a heartbeat or see breathing
- Unconscious and won’t wake up
- Vomiting more than 24 hours, or vomiting blood
- You suspect broken bones
- Trouble breathing or something stuck in the throat
- Having or has had a seizure
- Bleeding from the eyes, nose or mouth; blood in feces or urine
- Ingested something toxic like antifreeze, rat poison, any kind of medication that wasn’t prescribed to him, or household cleansers
- Straining to urinate or can’t urinate, especially a male cat
- Signs of extreme pain such as whining, shaking, and refusing to socialize
- Suddenly collapses or can’t stand up
- Disoriented or bumping into things
- Eye irritation, injury or suddenly blind
- Abdomen is swollen (bloated), or feels hard to the touch
- Symptoms of heatstroke (ineffective panting, unable to relax, unwilling to drink water, seizure or muscle spasms, disorientation, collapse)
- Pregnant pet has gone more than 3 to 4 hours between delivering puppies or kittens
Want to have a reminder on hand for when to bring your pet in to see the vet?
Are you looking for more info about our emergency vet services? Take a look at the Frequently Asked Questions!
We’re an emergency vet in Ann Arbor. Above is our building as seen on the left when headed eastbound on Liberty, coming from Stadium Blvd.